Home remedies for Hemorrhoids or piles
- Hemorrhoids or piles are swelling and inflammation of veins in the rectum and anus.
- Hemorrhoids are masses of tissue within the anal canal that contain blood vessels and surrounding tissue of support provided by the muscles and elastic fibers. Hemorrhoids can be internal or external.
- Long Constipation, pregnancy, tumors in the pelvis and chronic diarrhea and dysentery are some of the known causes of hemorrhoids.
- In Ayurveda, hemorrhoids are called as Arsha Shoola, which literally means “like needles pricking pain.
- This is indeed how the pain of hemorrhoids is felt. It is caused due to the disturbance of any of the three doshas.
- It is classified as a digestive disorder, accumulation of waste materials in the rectal area may lead to batteries.
- Chances that the batteries are augmented by other factors, such as sitting on hard seats, chronic constipation and pregnancy.
- Hemorrhoids caused by any of the three doshas,have different symptoms according to body type.
- 1. Vata type of Hemorrhoids : These piles are hard and darker in color, almost black. The pain is acute. Constipation is present.
- 2. Pitta type of Hemorrhoids : These piles are soft and reddish. The bleeding is present. Other symptoms are excessive thirst, fever and diarrhea.
- 3. Kapha type of Hemorrhoids : These piles are slimy to the touch. They are big and soft and whitish. The person has digestive problems.
Symptoms of Hemorrhoids :
- hemorrhoid may protrude through the anus outside the body, not becoming irritated and painful.Symptoms of external hemorrhoids may include painful swelling
- In addition, excessive straining, rubbing or cleaning around the anus may cause irritation with bleeding and itching, which may produce a vicious cycle of
- or a hard lump around the anus that results when a blood clot forms in blood.
- The most common symptoms of radiation from internal hemorrhoids is bright red blood in the stool, on toilet paper or in the toilet bowl. However, an internal
Causes of Hemorrhoids :
- Carrot (Daucus carota) :Carrots are effective in reducing bleeding hemorrhoids. They can be eaten raw or cooked form.
- Garlic (Allium sativum) : Garlic can stop the growth of bleeding piles. When maintained in contact with the battery, that is, rectum, then there is relief of the battery hemorrhage. Ideally, should be inserted high into the rectum to stay there overnight.
- Herbs useful in the treatment of hemorrhoids :
- Sitting for a long period of time may start the process of hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids are also most likely caused by diet and straining on the toilet. Other factors that contribute to hemorrhoids include aging, heredity, bouts of diarrhea, using laxatives. For women, pregnancy is often a factor as the fetus puts pressure on the hemorrhoidal veins.
Treatment for Hemorrhoids:
- Any food that is difficult to digest should not be consumed. These include fatty and spicy foods, red meats and rich desserts. Instead green leafy vegetables should be consumed in large quantities, as they have the necessary fibers required for proper digestion.
- Ayurvedic Treatment for Hemorrhoids have two concerns – one is to reduce the constipation that is associated.When constipation is under control, then the methods is used to reduce the pain of hemorrhoids. Application of sandalwood or sesame oil in the batteries can help in external cases. In order to reduce constipation other dietary items such as butter, buttermilk and green leafy vegetables is supposed to take by the patient. Traditional Ayurveda offers effective treatment for hemorrhoids.
- Dietary plan for hemorrhoids :
- Since hemorrhoids are usually caused due to low digestive fire, you must have a proper diet to prevent or treat disease. The following dietary guidelines must be followed: –
- The food which tastes bitter and astringent are better in the case of hemorrhoids. Foods with these tastes should form the bulk of the diet.
- Vegetables such as spinach, radishes, yams, carrots and okra are beneficial.
Home remedies for Hemorrhoids:
- Chebulic Myroblan: The fruit should be roasted to a brown oil custard, and then powdered and stored. Half a teaspoon of this powder at bedtime will bring normal bowel movements in the morning and the astringent property of the fruit cure piles masses.
- Dried figs: Three or four dry figs should be soaked overnight in water after being cleaned thoroughly with warm water. Should be taken first thing in the morning along with the water in which are immersed. In a similar manner. This treatment should be also taken at night and must be continued for 3-4 weeks.
- Ginger: Half a teaspoon of fresh ginger juice, mixed with one teaspoon each of fresh lemon juice and fresh mint juice and a teaspoon of honey, constitutes an effective medicine for piles.
- How to prevent hemorrhoids:
Changing your diet to include more bran or fiber and drink more water, changing bowel habits and exercise and not sit around for long.
- Jambul Fruit: The fruit should be taken with salt every morning for two or three months during the season.
- Onion: About 30gm finely rubbed with water and sugar added 60 gm. It should be taken twice daily by the patient.
- Radish: 100gm grated radish mixed with a teaspoon of honey can be taken twice daily in treating this condition.
- Rice: A thick gruel of rice mixed with a glass of milk and a ripe banana should be administered twice daily.
- Seeds handle: The dry powder mango seed should be given in doses of approximately 1 ½ to 2 grams with or without honey, twice a day.
- Sesame seeds: It may be taken as a seed decoction 20gm boiling in 500 ml of water until it is reduced by 1/3 or sweets. Ground to paste with water, can be given with butter for bleeding piles.
- Turnip: the juice from turnip leaves must be extract and about 150 ml is administered to the patient. However, you need to have a proper diet of raw fruits and vegetables while taking this juice.
Bitter gourd: Three teaspoon juice of bitter gourd leaves mixed with a glass of buttermilk should be taken every morning.
- Wheat grass: Wheat grass juice used as an enema helps detoxify the walls of the batteries.